Overview: Under the general direction of the President and GM, the Technical Inside Sales person will take a leadership role on New Product Introduction, and development. New product opportunities need to be converted into revenue. You will be given guidance and resources to deliver but project management and design will be up to you. For a period of 6 months the role will also involve customer service and order entry to get to know the company and the customers.
- Technical Sales – new product project ownership – Understand capabilities, own it like a project, work with engineering lead in tactical, manage the deadlines
- Coordinate product development processes and engineering changes by working collaboratively with professional colleagues both external and internally. Maintenance of records is essential.
- Work in support of a set of assigned Sales Representatives, Administration, Technical Lead and GM
- Develop and maintain customer and vendor relationships through positive and effective communication by providing needed information, action and resolving questions and concerns promptly
- Maintain accurate records of work performed with monthly reports to management based upon set criteria
- Input customer orders into Streamline system; maintain and update inventory items and pricing, processing and management of customer product returns (RMA’s) if they occur
- Tracking and help expedite deliveries as required
- Handle incoming customer inquiries in a professional and expedient fashion
- Responding to external contact inquiries for sales quotations and product information involving application, specification, pricing and delivery
- Perform frequent “cold calls” to generate new business
- Develop business with existing clients
- Suggest improvements to customer service and sales processes and implement approved alternatives
- Learn various office functions and “fill in” in the event of absenteeism and vacation
- Adhere to plant policies with attention to health and safety
- Prepare materials and represent company at trade shows as required
- Participate in the implementation of “Lean Principles” in our culture and business operation.
- A passion of creating new products to meet customer needs, with an interest in experimenting with 3D printing and attempting new manufacturing processes with the engineering team. Think outside the box.
- Engineering degree/certificate and related working experience is a key asset
- Direct sales/service experience is required in the Industrial and Manufacturing sectors, preferably in a relevant Production industry i.e. Automotive,
- General knowledge of “Lean Manufacturing” will be necessary
- Knowledge of standard business practices related to effective working in a team and office environment
- Knowledge and experience in order fulfillment and inventory management tasks including: order entry, purchasing, providing sales quotes, stock replenishments and sales/inventory report analysis
- Enrollment & Completion of Sales, Marketing or Production Training Programs would be a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Previous experience with ERP systems is an asset along with familiarity using purchase order and inventory management computer software applications
- Drive, Ambition and Competitiveness with a desire to advance within the growing Manufacturing sector